Image Map

August 12, 2012

Goodbye Summer Linky Party

It's that time of the year...saying goodbye to summer and hello to reality. Although I am sad to see the last 4 days of summertime slip away, I am excited to get back into my classroom this Friday and prepare for a new group of first graders!  To help me say goodbye to summer, I am linking up with Peterson's Pad.


Here's the rules:
*Share 4 things about your summer!
1. A place you visited
2. A book you read (either for fun or for school)
3. Something you did or made for your school class
4. A fun thing you did
*Grab the picture above and share it on your blog.
*Write your post then come back here and link up.
*PLEASE comment on the 2 links before you and the 1 after you.

Here's my summer in review!

1. My husband and I usually go on a cruise for vacation every summer and this year we followed suit but with a few friends.  We left from Galveston and sailed to Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel.  We did some fun shore excursions: snorkeling, buggy ride, and zip lining.  We were quite adventuresome!The weather could have cooperated a little better, but needless to say it was a nice way to get away for a week!!


 2. I ended up reading both for fun and for school this summer.
I know this is crazy but it took me ALL summer to read all 3 of these books.

I have been looking forward to reading this book since I first heard about it last year. I am so excited to start the Daily Five in my classroom this year! 

3. I absolutely LOVE making new things for my classroom, and this summer I was just as crafty as can be.  My ~sweet~ hubby helped me with 2 of my favorite projects.  We made a book bin holder for all my kiddos new book bins for the Daily 5.


And then, I could not pass up making crate seats for my writing center!


4. To kick off the summer, my mom, myself, grandma, aunt, and cousin took a girls trip to Kemah where we stayed on the boardwalk. 

Here's to making the best of my last 4 days of summer!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun summer! Before we had our son, we went on a cruise almost every year. I miss it so bad, but my son is worth it of course. :) We are going to try and go on one for our 10 year anniversary in a year. Your seat crates and your library look great. Don't you love blogging? I just started too! Every comment and new follower is so exciting. Enjoy!

    Tamara
    Life's A Beach in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful summer! Great trips and nice choice on the books..I made crate seats too this summer and I'm obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, looks like you are off to a great start in the blog world! I am your newest follower and I just nominated you for a blog award. As soon as you get a chance, hop on over to my blog, pick it up, and pass it on!
    Hope you enjoy doing the Daily 5 in your class, I've done it the past two years and it is my FAVORITE part of every day :).
    Megan
    Teacher Wife

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going on cruises. They really spoil you! My husband and I are planning another one next summer.

    Joni
    KinderKids Fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cruise looks amazing! Thanks for posting this, I just linked up too. Also, I love those milk crate chairs! When I get the time I plan to make some too. I'm a new follower :)
    - Jessica
    Hearts Flowers and Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete