Image Map

August 15, 2012

Teacher Fashion Linky Party

I have to admit, I may be a little of a shop-a-holic. When I can't go out and shop, I shop online. When I can't find a new top I like, I buy jewelry instead. Hence this is probably why my husband gave me a budget to stick to this year...which has been, yes, hard to say the least!

This is by far my favorite linky party yet. Thanks to Jessica over at From Blood to Books for setting up this fabulous party for all of us teacher fashionista's out there!

 Here are the guidelines...
1. Tell me your favorite store(s) that you like to get your "teacher's fashion".
2. What are some of your favorite accessories?
3. What type of shoes do you teach in? (i.e. heels, flats, wedges, etc.)
4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? (i.e. sweater you wear weekly, shoes you wear daily, etc.)
5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? (i.e. heel broke, button popped off of blouse)

Here is a peak into my teacher fashion!

1. I love stores that offer a discount to teacher's and The Limited is by far my all time favorite! 15% off...can't beat that!
If you buy there stuff at the normal price, yes it is pretty pricey.  They always have sales on different apparel categories but most of all, there 40% off everything sale is the time to buy!  Oh and there pants are nothing less than amazing. I love that they have short sizes for height challenged people like me : )  

I also like The Loft and Banana Republic for cutesy tops. 
 
We are lucky to have an outlet mall close by that has these stores!
2. I am the person who always has to be matchy-matchy...whether it be my purse, shoes, earrings...they all must correlate! I have a few "go to" pieces that pretty much go with everything.

Disclaimer: I am a MK junkie. I am in love with my Michael Kors watch. I adore how it has both silver and gold and a little touch of bling with the diamond accents and mother of pearl center...perfections!  Let's face it, I carry ALOT of stuff in my purse and my MK Gansevoort can hold it all.  It seems to have unending pockets, which I love because even my purse has to be organized!  And last, my new MK studs.  They are the perfect size and add the perfect touch to any outfit!

3. I would rather my back, arm, hand, or any other body part other than my feet be in pain.  With that said, I like for my feet to feel happy. Here are a few pairs of shoes that bring me joy : )

4.  I absolutely feel most comfortable when I am in a dress.  So any morning when I am just not feeling it, I slip on one of my cotton dresses and head out the door.


5. Last year was my first year of teaching, and I was VERY thankful to not have any fashion mishaps.  Let's hope I can keep that trend going this coming year!

Talking about clothes, shoes, and accessories make me feel the need to go shopping!
What's your fashion? Grab the button and link up!

No comments:

Post a Comment