Image Map

October 28, 2012

A Pumpkin-y Kind of Week

Sunday's over already?  {Insert long s-i-g-h}  At least the weather here in Texas is looking a little bit more Fall-like!  I'm sure it will be back up to 90 degrees before long (boo). Since this is the last week of October, I thought I would share a few pumpkin activities I plan to do with my firsties this week! 

We've been working really hard on contractions and nouns for the past few weeks and I wanted to incorporate some independent practice into my center rotations.  So I made this here little Pumpkin Literacy Center packet of goodness for my firsties.

 
It includes a cute pumpkin poem, a contraction match up (using not contractions), and a common/proper noun sort.  It even comes with recording sheets! Great for literacy centers.
 
Click on the picture to download!
   
Since Halloween falls on a school day {insert 2nd long s-i-g-h}  I have put together a 'Pumpkin Investigation' for my class to do on Wednesday.  I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that all ...you know what... doesn't break loose!  This fabulous investigation printable is from Julie Lee over at Mrs. Lee's Kindergarten. Click on the picture below to download her amazing freebie!
Here are a few other things I plan to do all inspired by the magnificent Cara over at The First Grade Parade.  Check out her post {here} and {here} all about her Pumpkin Day! 
 
I will be back later this week with all the pumpkin-y fun we had during our Pumpkin Investigation and lots more pumpkin activities!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment