Image Map

November 11, 2012

Ho, Ho, Ho...I'm ahead of the game!

Ho, Ho, Ho! It's almost that time of year and these new math center activities are filled with cheer! I could not be more excited to post my first unit for the month of December. I l.o.v.e the feeling of being just a little bit ahead of the game! I spent 7 hours (yes 7) today gathering ideas and putting them all together. I've found that the units I have bought in the past always seem to have an activity or 2 in them that I haven't taught yet, and therefore don't use with my kiddos.  So, I thought I would sell each activity independently and then also as a whole unit. That way you don't feel like you are wasting your money on things you won't use : ) 

Here are all 4 activities bundled into 1 Christmas themed math centers unit. Check it out in my TPT store or by clicking the picture below!

 

This holiday math center packet includes the following:
*Christmas Geometry--students will follow the directions to put shapes together to make either a reindeer or a Christmas tree.
 
  *Even or Odd present sort--students will sort the presents and place them under the Christmas tree labeled 'odd' or 'even'. #s 11-50 are included.
 
*Gingerbread Fact Families--students will choose 3 dominoes and record the 2 parts.  They will add the parts together to get the whole and record.  They will make the corresponding fact family. There is also a gingerbread template for them to generate their own numbers, record, and color/decorate.
 
*Santa's Shape Stumpers--students will read the shape clues on the Santa card and find the card with the shape that matches.


***Each activity comes with a recording sheet. ***
 
I'm off to enjoy just a little bit more football before the week begins. It would be the icing on the cake to a PERFECT football weekend if our hometown boys could pull off yet another win.
Our Aggies BTHO #1 ranked Alabama, WHOOP!
So, let's go Texans!
 

I will be giving one of the activities {of your choice} from my Ho, Ho, Ho! Holiday Math Centers to the first person who leaves me a comment!
 
I am SO thankful to have 5 days left before Thanksgiving break. Hope you have a gobblin' good week!
 



2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited!!! I typed so fast in the event someone else in cyberspace was ready to beat me to it. :) It's hard to choose...but I think I'd especially heart the even/odd sort. Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete