I just wanted to express my thanks to those of you who follow my blog or TPT store. Not only do you inspire me but you also drive me to become a better teacher for my team members and students. So thank you : )
And on to even bigger blogger news... I've been nominated for a Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs.
These 3 lovely ladies were kind enough to nominate my blog:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.5. You cannot "tag back" the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate.
Here are 11 random things about myself:
1. I am addicted to Starbucks holiday drinks. Creme Brulee lattes are my favorite <3
2. I have a fascination with cupcakes.
3. I had trouble as a writer growing up. Therefore, I don't really care to teach it. Oops!
4. I danced for 12 years (competition team and drill team).
5. I would LOVE to be a stay at home mom one day.
6. I am addicted to all thinks Michael Kors (sigh).
7. I normally wear flip-flops, even if it is in the 30-40's outside.
8. I never take a break to eat lunch in the teacher room- it's a working lunch for me!
9. I can never be too organized!
10. I love reality tv shows...especially the Real Housewives.
11. I have a cat who is insanely spoiled!
Here are the answers to the questions from my nominator:
1. Why did you want to be a teacher?
-I took a teaching class in high school and was inspired by my teacher. I knew then I wanted to touch the lives of others like she did for me!
2. What is your favorite subject to teach?
-I love to teach thematic units, whatever they may be.
3. What's your favorite thing to do on your days off?
-I miss my talk shows (The View, Kelly and Michael, Ellen) during the year so I definitely spend a day sitting on the couch and watching them if I can.
4. How does your grade level plan together?
-We meet once a week to discuss the skills we will be teaching. Some of us plan together more.
5. What is your favorite blog for inspiration?
-Definitely the reason I started blogging....The First Grade Parade!
6. What are you afraid of?
-Junebugs and roaches. Yuck!
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
-I get annoyed by sounds easily (gum smacking, clicking, etc.).
8. What is one teaching area you are working on improving this year?
9. What is your favorite vacation spot?
-We love to cruise! Our favorite destination has been Grand Cayman.
10. How long do you spend getting ready for work in the morning?
-A little over an hour.
11. Do you pack a lunch or buy?
-Depends on my mood. About half and half.
Here are the 11 questions for the blogs I am nominating
1. What grade levels have you taught?
2. Which was your favorite and why?
3. How many times do you hit snooze before getting out of bed for work?
4. What is your favorite read aloud?
5. How many times a week do you meet with your team?
6. What is one teaching item you can't teach without?
7. Do you have to do recess or lunch duty?
8. What is your favorite unit to teach?
9. What are your Christmas break plans?
10. What or who inspired you to blog?
11. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Here are the blogs I'm nominating:
1.Teacher Spice and Everything Nice
2. Terry's Teaching Tidbits
3. J:K Speech
4. Diapers Dollars and Diplomas
5. Love 2 Teach 2
6. First Grade Smiles
7. Sommer Pride
8. Coast to Coast Kinder
9. Our Future is Bright
10. The Happy Edugator
11. Totally Teriffic Teaching
All the nominees need to do is leave me a comment so I can read your answers and get to know a little more about you and your blog! Have fun and happy blogging!