Howdy! I'm Lindsay, a teacher in the great state of Texas. I started my teaching career in 2010 when I got hired to teach 1st grade and have been there and loving it ever since!
1. I've always lived in Texas, but moved to Montgomery (north of Houston) when I was in 4th grade. I now teach in the very same district I grew up in. It's a small town, so very cool in my book!
2. I'm married to a wonderful man who I love more than anything. We met right before I graduated high school (8 years) and have been together ever since.
He's a firefighter and I admire the mental strength it takes to do what he does.
We have been married for 3 years, this past June.
3. No kiddos yet, but we do have a cat who we consider our child. He is a spoiled kitty who we cook chicken for each and every night and he only drinks out of faucets.
4. I have the absolutely BEST family who I love and adore to pieces. I am SO lucky that we live within 20 minutes of each other.
5. I love God and know that he is with me every step of the way. When it feels like life isn't going how I want it, I know that He has a plan for me and in time, everything will work out because He is good and His love never fails!
6. It's no surprise that I LOVE sweets. I think this fascination came from when my mom use to let me lick cake batter out of the bowl when I was a kid. If dessert is in front of me, I have absolutely NO willpower to say no! It will get devoured!
7. Football is my favorite sport!
8. I started dancing when I was 6 and continued until I was a senior in high school. Being a dancer for 12 continuous years equals a life of back and knee pain in your early 20's....yay me!
9. Since Texas is so darn hot in the summer, Winter is definitely my most favorite season of the year!