Image Map

December 2, 2012

Hello December!

Hello December! Even though, here in Texas it sure does NOT feel like it with our 75-80 degree weather that I hate with a passion. Where did the cold weather go? I'm ready to break out my boots, scarves, and Starbucks morning stops again!!

We only have 2 more weeks left until Christmas break and this teacher is freaking out just a little a whole lot a bit! With only 1 actual teaching week + 2 days of the next....ahh! I don't know whether to be stressed or just a little bit excited!?

This week our theme is those yummy little adorable cookies of goodness...Gingerbread!!! We will read a different story each week, talk about their story elements, complete a reader's response and add all of the information to our Gingerbread story house anchor chart (my absolute fav chart).

Here are the books we will be reading:
 


 











 And here is the Gingerbread story house anchor chart. I created my own last year, but have yet to take a photo. So here is my inspiration from Abby!
 
 
We use my Literacy Fun with Gingerbread Unit for our readers responses and other fun skill activities. Check it out by click on the picture!


Later this week, I will be back to share our activities in all of their gingerbread glory!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Last week, we learned about verbs and continued studying blends. Here is a peek at our week:



 We made our stockings so that they could be hung from the board and stuffed with cheer!
 
The hubs and I decorated the door and the kiddos helped by making Poinsettias. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Have a great week bloggy friends!


4 comments:

  1. How did I miss the boat on gingerbread week?!!? SO many great bloggers are doing gingerbreads this week!! Maybe I will wait until next week and steal all your ideas ;) Ha! For real though, that gingerbread house anchor chart is awesome and your door is SO cute! I always love stopping by your blog!

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this Gingerbread unit last week. My kids absolutely loved it! I haven't heard of The JalapeƱo man, it looks cute. We also read The Gingerbread Girl and did a little gingerbread science. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-great idea Susan! Thank ya'll both! Glad your kids enjoyed it! I'm hoping mine do this week : )

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh! I am so glad I found you! We have so much in common! Especially our LOVE the G-Man! I thought I had ALL the versions but I am excited to see your copy of The Jalapeno Man! Buying it now! I would be delighted if you stopped by and linked up so we can share our interests!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete