Image Map

February 18, 2013

The Day After Valentine's=more sugar!

Who would want candy the day after the biggest candy holiday all year?  Well, besides me....my 21 firsties! Not all of them actually, I had a few out (probably with tummy aches).  So...being the chocolate lover that I am, I decided to have a taste testing experiment with Hershey kisses and hugs.

 
I gave each student one hug and one kiss (candy of course).  All together, we taste tested one at a time.  We then took a vote of which we liked better. I passed out their choice cards and we graphed our class results.
 
 
We recorded our data on our own graph.


 I then read the story Froggy's First Kiss to the class. In the book, Frogilina kisses Froggy.  So we did a little reader's response.  The question was this: Do you like getting hugs or kisses from your family? We added a little craft to the reader's response and viola...a cute post-valentine's activity!
 
 
 
{This idea came from Cara Carroll' blog The First Grade Parade.  Head on over *HERE* to get all the free printables to go along with this activity. Kudos to Cara for sharing! My kiddos ate this up....literally and figuratively of course!}
 
What do you do with your class the day after Valentine's to re-coop??

 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the ideas and link! I printed it for next year!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the foil Hershey kisses! I'm going to have to remember that for next year. I wanted to read that Froggy book, but I have a kissing problem (!) in my class in this year!

    ReplyDelete