Image Map

June 26, 2014

Throwback Thursday

I'm normally all about #tbt on Instagram but have totally missed that train the past few weeks...my mind must be on summer time! So I thought my good ol' blog needed some love and this would be a good place to pick it back up!


First off, here's my throwback picture from a science class in college.


We made "science eyes" to wear when we teach science lessons because science is all around us, you see!

Getting on with the show, here is a Throwback post from last November with my favorite craft for digraphs!

---------------------------------------------------

Who says a week of review has to be boring?
"Not I", said the teacher.
Each day last week we picked a different digraph to review and got a little crafty with it!
 
 
We started off each day with a review of digraph sounds on BrainPOP.
{If you don't have a subscription I HIGHLY recommend it!!}
I had them listen for digraph words. We took those words and others they came up with and wrote them down in a brainstorming session on our chart.
Each day I had the students pick one word from our chart and use it for our craft.
 
Day 1: CH
We took our words from "Our ch words" anchor chart and made a CHocolate CHip cookie! 
 
Day 2: SH
We took our words from "Our sh words" anchor chart and made a fiSH bowl!
 
Day 3: TH
We took our words from "Our th words" anchor chart and made a paTHway of words!
 
Day 4: WH
We took our words from "Our wh words" anchor chart and made a WHale!

We had so much fun and the kiddos looked forward trying to figure out what digraph each poster was for!  Perfect way for THem to SHow WHatCHa know!

---------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to head over to visit Hope from Second Grade Shenanigans to link up!

1 comment: