Image Map

June 3, 2013

A Camping We Will GO!

Let me just start off by saying this...I have NO, None, Zippo desire to go camping. I hate bugs, humidity, not having electricity--pretty much everything that describes camping. I'm more of a "glamping" kind of person! So I was definitely excited to be camping inside the classroom last week!
 
To start things out, I bought myself this little packet {here}. If you haven't check it out, you should. Definitely a GREAT resource to have for the end of the year!
 
Since I have never been camping, I let the kiddos brainstorm what they thought they would need to go camping and some things they might do on a camping trip.
 
 
We made our camp nametags so that we would have a place to put the badges we earned along the way.
 
 
We talked about First Aid and different ways they may get hurt this summer.

 
Just in case they did get hurt with a little boo-boo here or there, we put together their very own First Aid Kit! {They LOVED this project}
 
 
Once Friday got here, we had our full fledged indoor campout! We built a fire (with our campfire rules we learned) and we set out to read with our pillows, blankets, and flashlights.


 
Our favorite part (mine included!) was definitely making s'mores! It was SO hilarious watching the kids eat these in their messy glory! I secretly think they were having a contest to see who could get the messiest face! After cleaning up, we wrote our last how-to paper for the year!


 I may just use the leftovers for my desserts after dinner this week...wait, I already did that last night! Oh well!


3 comments:

  1. This is too cute!!!!! I can't wait to do this next year! Thanks for such a great idea that the kids will LOVE! You would N.E.V.E.R. find me actually camping either...but this I can handle!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOOO happy that you loved my camping unit!!! It makes my heart full :) love you friend! ;)

    Ashley
    Flying High in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove the idea of camping indoors at school. This packet is def going on my TpT wish list for next year.
    KaSandra
    Http://memoriesmadeinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete