Image Map

November 11, 2013

Thankful Turkeys

One of the many reasons I'm thankful for Thanksgiving is we get a whole week off! Forget the silent cheer....WAHOO! I'm so glad my little "turkeys" haven't turned into turkeys yet (if you know what I mean!).
 
My teammates and I decorated our hall festively for the month of November. Each class traced and cut out their hands to glue on a large colored feather for our larger than life-sized turkey. Isn't he just adorable!?
 
Here are a few turkey crafts I like to have my littles work on during the month of November.
 
I like to start off the month of November by reading the book Thanks for Thanksgiving. We have a discussion about hat it means to be thankful and the many things we are thankful for. We write our thankfulness on turkey feathers and add them to our class turkey!

Last year, we were learning all about fact families in math so we made fact family turkeys.
 
 
I gave each student 3 numbers and they had to write each fact of the family on a different turkey. You could do the same thing with sums of different numbers.
 
Here is a freebie I created for a quick and easy fact family game using dominoes.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Turkey-Domino-Fact-Families-404419
{Click on the picture to download}
 
 
This guy can pretty much be used for whatever phonetic skill you are working on. Last year we were covering blends so we made our feathers using blend words. This year, our turkeys will have digraph words on them.
 
If you missed my post about "Turkey Alliterations" click the picture below!
 
http://fortheloveoffirst.blogspot.com/2013/11/turkey-tongue-twisters.html
 
Hope this inspires you to "get your turkey on"!

No comments:

Post a Comment