Image Map

July 14, 2015

Printable Anchor Charts for Reading & Comprehension

I feel like a broken record, but if you know my teaching style, you know that I run off of anchor charts and smelly markers #mrsketchsnob 

I feel like I make an anchor chart for everything. My room starts off SO bare but ends up so "charty". 
So in order to save space, I have created printable anchor charts.
These charts are 8 1/2 X 11 (normal sized paper) and don't take up a great deal of space.

I feel like I spend a good chuck of my day teaching reading.
Last year we followed a new reading curriculum that I absolutely love.
My kids use the language I use all the time, in part because I have these great reminders for them!

Printable Anchor Charts for Reading & Comprehension

When I introduce a new reading strategy, I always have a pre-made anchor chart by my side.
We talk about it daily with the books we read.
I use them in my small group teaching.
We refer to it during discussions.
I hang them up as references to our learning!
They are ingrained into their little brains!

So I'm sharing with you my love for printable and pre-made anchor charts!
Here is my newest creation!


It comes with 6 anchor charts used for different reading strategies:
*Schema
*Inferences
*Making Connections
*Main Idea
*Predictions
*Author's Purpose

 







All you have to do is print them out!!!! 

If you think these would be useful, you can also check out my anchor charts I use for teaching grammar!



My goal is to make the prep work of teaching easier for you!

1 comment: