Image Map

February 17, 2016

What's Your Mental Image?

Our brains are really interesting things!
They are vastly different and very powerful.

Awhile back, I wanted to show my kiddos how different we all think.
I was introducing mental image and wanted them to visually see what I was referring to when I said "When we read, we see pictures in our brains, but they are all very different."

I gave each student a blank piece of paper and told them to draw and color a cat.

Here were their pictures.

There were no two alike.
It was a great way for them to see how their friends think as well. 

Here are several books I read to my kiddos to help them practice visualizing their mental images.
A Bad Case of the Stripes
The Salamander Room
I Need my Monster
Where the Sidewalk Ends: The Snowball

Normally we record them on a response page.


You can get this page from my Reader's Response to Literature pack in my TpT store. 


This is a great foundational lesson that can be used as reference all throughout the  year!

No comments:

Post a Comment