Image Map

January 24, 2013

My {Heart} Skips a "Bee"t

 Is it just me or has January already f-l-o-w-n by!? Oh. my. word.  When the date actually hit me, I realized I needed to spend most of my extra 2 days off whipping up Valentine themed math centers.  At our school, we have a designated time first thing in the morning dedicated to tutorials/pull-out groups/interventions, etc.  Since I only have 3 kids taken out of my room, we do our math tubs at this time.  It works out great because when those kids come back we slide right on into calendar time and our math lesson.
 
My kids LOVE math tubs (centers....what do ya'll call them??). I feel like I get in trouble when we miss a day of them, oops!  I put some special {love} into these math tubs...which for my kids means getting to use candy. I can already hear the..."Can we eat them?".....questions.  So, of course, I had to buy some extra (minus the ewey-sticky-dirty-germ contaminated) candy hearts for them to eat!
 
There are 7 math tub activities included in this packet.  The following math skills are covered {graphing, fact families, patterning, skip counting, odd/even numbers, fractions, and a number recognition game}. Check out more details below!
 
 
 
Here's what's in the packet:

*Robots Love Fractions (equal parts)
*The Wise Owl's Fact Families
*Candy Heart Patterns
*Candy Hearts Battleship
*Who Holds Your Heart (graphing)
*Monster Math sort (odd/even numbers)
*My Heart Skips a Beet (skip counting)





Recording sheets are provided for every activity!
 
Next step, print--cut--laminate--cut...ya know, the usual!

These aren't included in my packet but I made them to help my firsties practice skip counting in the coming weeks. And since February is the month of love, I thought I would let you snag a copy for free!

 Leave me some love if you pick up my freebies. Hope you enjoy them and your last few days of the month!

4 comments:

  1. Your math centers look great!! Thanks for the freebie! :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute math centers! I really need to get my Valentine things ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the unit thanks for the freebie. I am not sure how to download it.

    ReplyDelete