Image Map

August 11, 2014

Monday Made It {Decorative Magnet Tutorial}


Today's Monday Made It is all about creating magnets!
These could be used for SO many things in your classroom.
Lunch count
Attendance
Homework
I plan on using mine for a commitment chart that corresponds with our district wide discipline program. 

Here is what you will need for this project:
Scrapbook paper
Clear glass marbles with a flat back
Glue (I used E6000)
Modpodge
Round magnets

Step 1:
Trace marbles on the back of your scrapbook paper.

Step 2:
Cut out traced circles.
Tip: make sure to cut them out smaller so they fit onto the back of the marble without overlapping its edge.

Step 3: 
Place drop of glue on flat part of marble.
Spread glue out. (I used my finger)

Step 4: 
Set cut out circle of scrapbook paper face down onto glue.
Turn marble over.
Press down to get out air bubbles and adhere paper.

Step 5:
Allow paper to set into glue. I let mine sit for about an hour.
TakeModpodge and brush over edges of scrapbook paper.
Let the Modpodge dry. Mine sat for about 3 hours.

Step 6:
Place glue on one side of magnet.
Spread with finger.
Press onto scrapbook paper on back of marble.
Let the glue set. 
Mine set over night.


Step 7:
Depending on what you want to do with the magnets, you may be done at this point.
I took a paint pen and wrote numbers on each.

At this point you are officially done!


Thanks for stopping by to see my magnet tutorial!

Check out more tutorials over at Monday Made It!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those look great! Thank you for the tutorial...I've been looking for a way to redo my lunch count routine and I might have just found it. :-)

    Nichole
    The Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete