Image Map

September 7, 2013

Returning from My Blog Hiatus!

It's a F.A.C.T. The first 2 weeks of school have got to be the most exhausting all year long!
My blog hiatus is pure proof y'all. I feel like I have been neglecting "my baby" but this teacher is plum tired at the end of every day. I'm promising NOW to be better next week! I do have lots I want to share.
 
Here's just a tidbit of what has been going on in my life the past week.
 

 
You can tell just from the picture how "germy" the first 2 weeks have been for me. I had a head cold this week and am recovering from a near total loss of voice. PTL!
 


I'm pretty sure I have not been the *best* writing teacher the past 2 years. I've been learning and taking notes on how to improve. We started writer's workshop this week and let me tell you....my class this year are writing rockstars!!! They have made me so excited to teach writing this year and I can't wait to share our success with you in  post next week. Be on the lookout!
 

 
I think rhyming is so fun and I absolutely LOVE to teach it! We worked on recognizing rhyming words this week and created our own rhymes after reading and listening to Down by the Bay (what seemed like thousands of time!).
 

 
FOOTBALL! This one word sums up my excitement for this time of year.
 

I saved my favorite picture for last.
 
Love me some lattes and when I scored 2 boxes of these little pretties last night, I just about died! PSL's without leaving the house, yes please!
 
I'm making a promise to you know that I will be back next week more than once so stayed tuned for an anchor chart post, writing post, and Daily 5 update!

5 comments:

  1. Not only are the first two weeks the most tiring but I really just don't like them. I'm tired, getting used to sleep, and I pretty much have a room of kindergarteners. We're about 4 weeks in and we're hitting our stride and getting the routines. I can really say I have first graders now.

    Hope you feel better!

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We forget how "baby" they are at the beginning of the year. I think that is what gets us!

      Delete
  2. I'm right there with you on how exhausting those first 2 weeks are! I like it better when they've caught on to the routine, the assessment is over, and the REAL teaching begins! It's coming real soon!

    I can't believe how many people I know are into Pumpkin Spice! I think I'm going to have to try it!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, being sick is a horrible way to start the school year. This must mean that the rest of the year will be super healthy for you!

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete