Image Map

October 23, 2016

Keeping Track of Guided Reading with Lesson Plans

Don't get me wrong, I love my Erin Condren planner, but the space I had to write down my plans for my guided reading time just weren't cutting it. I always knew I could do better...better at planning my groups and really looking into what I wanted to get out of them. 

So to help me combat that, I made my own lesson plan template!


Let me just say, they have been working beautifully!
I check out books from our fabulous literacy library and go through them to see what I want to work on with my groups. I record what we will do before, during and after reading. On the days we do word work, I can choose what skill we will be reviewing and the activity that corresponds.

I pull out the plans in my binder and have them in front of me for each group.


The lesson plans are editable and you can add your own text. Or if you are simple like me, I just print them out and write on them. 

You can find the pack in my TpT store
It comes with 4 different templates depending on how you structure your groups and what strategies you use.
It also includes a letter to parents explaining decoding strategies and their rules.



1 comment: