Image Map

October 6, 2012

Applepalooza {Part 2} Freebies!

As promised, I'm back with part 2 of Applepalooza! Last time I shared with you many of the activities we did during week 1 of our unit.  You will find links to everything from that post here on this post.

This week we didn't really focus on apples as in depth as we did the first week.  We mostly talked about Johnny Appleseed and compiled everything we learned together into our apple book. Now, before you and I both get TOO excited, I have to let you know...that I am a slacker.  At some point during every day this week, I reminded myself to take a picture of each page we had done in the apple book...and sadly, I failed...miserably.  I have NO pictures.  But, my example of the apple book is tucked away neatly in my files.  So, when I return next week I will take pictures for you because it is my favorite part of our apple unit!  I'm just going to have to give it it's own special post.

So, since I can't yet share the apple book with you, here are the links to the apple activities from Applepalooza {Part 1}!!  Just click on the picture and it will take you to the download!


Five Senses Apple Poem
 

 
 
Addition Doubles Facts Practice
 
Apple Graphing
 
 
 
 
Types of Apples Graphic Organizer
 
 
 
 Recipe for Applesauce Writing
 
 
To conclude our apple unit, on Friday we made a class batch of applesauce and lemme tell you---It. Was. GOOD.  So good that I just had myself 2 bowls, oops!
 


Here is the recipe for the applesauce and the recipe card we filled out together as a class.
 
We had a relaxing Friday afternoon....applesauce, apple juice, and a Johnny Appleseed video. Great way to end our first 6 weeks!  Several students said, "This is the best day EVER!" 
 
Never forgot about the little things in life : )
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment