Image Map

January 31, 2013

Hey, Mr. Prez!

I am oh-so-glad that February will be here tomorrow!  That means another jam packed month, but then again what month doesn't feel that way by the time it is over? I can't wait to break out all the Valentine's activities in the next week or so.

But February also brings us President's Day.  I find my students are more fascinated with non-fiction than anything else I teach.  There is just something about it that totally tunes them in! I put together a little packet to go along with our week long President's celebration.  If you were able to check out my MLK unit and enjoyed it, then this will be right up your alley as it is fairly similar.


This mini-unit is the perfect way to teach all about Washington, Lincoln, and President's Day in just a few days! All you need is a non-fiction book to accompany the pages in this unit and you are set!
Here is what the unit includes:
 
*Who Was Washington? {describing graphic organizer}
*Washington was/had/wanted facts organizer
*Washington 3 facts and a fib {students produce & record 3 facts and a fib)
*Who Was Lincoln? {describing graphic organizer}
*Lincoln was/had/wanted facts organizer
*Lincoln 3 facts and a fib {students produce & record 3 facts and a fib)
*Comparing Washington and Lincoln! {Venn diagram}
*The President's: Fact or Not so Much {cut and paste fact activity}
*If I Were President... {creative writing prompt}
*President's Day ABC order
 
 
It is now available in my TPT store and will be on sale this weekend for the Super Sunday sale TPT is throwing. Stay tuned for more info on the sale!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment