Image Map

April 11, 2013

Must Read Mentor Text: Grammar---Two Bad Ants {Inferencing}

Last week we were rockin' out inferencing in our classroom! Each day we read a book and did a little making inferences activity to go along with the book. There were some great books I talked about in {THIS} inferencing post, but one definitely stood out as a book I want to share with each and every teacher who teaches this reading skill. So I thought it was time to link up with Collaboration Cuties for their Must Read Mentor Text Linky!


Two Bad Ants

Two Bad Ants is about two ants who take a journey from their "home" to a very unfamiliar place where they get caught up in all kinds of trouble. The best part is, the author never tells you where the ants are. He leaves it to the picture clues (and of course your schema) to infer where the ants are. Talk about a perfect way to stop mid-book and have your kids make some inferences. I also found this freebie from All That Glitters in First Grade. I ran to tell my team the news of this book, and if I could, I would run and tell you too! It is that good!!!


If you have a text to share, be sure to follow the link below.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I love love love Two Bad Ants! It's SUCH a great book!! It's great for making predictions and inferences!!

    Thank you so much for linking up!!!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two Bad Ants is one of my favorite books!! I just found your cute blog! I'm your newest follower!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I horrible teacher because I have never heard of this book!?!?! It looks great :) Just requested it from the local library!

    Thanks for the tip Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete